To download grades from your WeBWorK course into a spreadsheet file, use the following instructions:
- Log in to your WeBWorK course using your instructor account.
- From the left hand menu, click on "Scoring Tools":
- Choose the assignments for which you want to download grades. In windows, hold down the control key to select multiple assignments. On Mac, hold down the command key to select multiple assignments.
- Click the blue "Score Selected set(s) and save to:" button. It may take a few seconds to generate the file.
- You will now see a blue link to a file:
If your computer is properly configured, you can simply click on the link, and the system will offer to open the file with your default spreadsheet program. Alternatively you may choose to save the file to your computer.
Additional instructions for uploading WeBWorK grades to D2L (requires basic linux shell knowledge):
- Follow the steps above. Save the file obtained in step 5 to your math network drive (usually the z: drive in Windows).
- Use ssh to connect to msx2.math.ucalgary.ca. change to the directory containing the file saved in the previous step.
- Run the following command:
convertwwgradestod2l [oldfilename] > [newfilename]
(where [oldfilename] is the file you saved previously, and [newfilename] is a name for the converted file)
- You will now see the file with the name you selected in the previous step in the same directory where you saved the original grades file. This file can be uploaded to D2L using the standard D2L grade import process.