How to Install Xerox WorkCentre 5855 in SB 532 on 64-Bit Windows 7
Posted by Tim MacRae on 18 November 2013 02:41 PM
How to Install Xerox WorkCentre 5855 in SB 532 on 64-bit Windows 7Get Driver from Xerox Website
2. Select "PS Driver - 64-bit, Xerox User Interface - Microsoft Certified"
3. Accept the license agreement
4. When the download box comes up, click "Run"
5. Follow the installation prompts using the default path, "C:\Xerox"
6. The "Add Printer" menu should automatically open. If it doesn't then go to Start -> Devices and Printers -> Add a Printer
7. Select "Add a Network, Wireless, or Bluetooth Printer"
8. Select "The Printer that I want isn't listed"
9. Select "Add a Printer using TCP/IP address or hostname" and click next
10. Select "Autodetect" from the dropdown menu, fill in the IP address of the printer (184.108.40.206), and make sure the "Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use" box is checked. This may take awhile.
11. You may see the Xerox WorkCentre 5855 PS available as a choice. To ensure that we are using the latest driver, please do not select it and instead, when Windows asks you what Make / Model to install, select the "Have Disk..." button.
12. Select the "Browse..." button in the "Install from Disk" dialog box.
13. You should already be in the directory where the driver resides - select the "x2DLUMP.inf" file. The full path to the file (in case you are not in the correct directory) is "C:\Xerox\WC58XX_5.295.13.0_PS_x64_Driver\x2DLUMP.inf" - please note that the name of the .inf file and the numbers after "WC58XX" may be different as Xerox may release newer drivers than were available at the time of writing this document.
14. From the list of available 5800 Series printers, select "Xerox WorkCentre 5855 PS" and click next.
15. Type a name for the printer - this can be anything you want. Click next when finished
16. Select "Do not share this printer" and click next.
17. Print a test page via the available button. This may take longer than expected.
18. Click Finish.
19. If you get a dialog box that says "This program might not have installed correctly" just click cancel to dismiss it.